Freedom of Information
The Freedom Of Information Act 2000
Your rights to information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made.
- From January 1st 2005 GP practices have been obliged to respond to requests about information that it holds, and is recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions that have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in the FOI Act, you are entitled to request information about the Royal Crescent and Preston Road Practice under the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact the Practice Manager at Royal Crescent and Preston Road Practice to do this.
Information is available in hard copy from the Practice Manager as indicated for each class of information.
If you would like to request any information from the Practice, please write to.
The Practice Manager
Royal Crescent Surgery
25 Crescent Street
If you have any comments about the operation of this Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the Scheme, please write to the Practice Manager.
Classes Of Information
All information at the Royal Crescent and Preston Road Practice is held, retained and destroyed in accordance with NHS guidelines.
Our commitment to publish information excludes any information that can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Where individual Classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are the protection of commercial interests and the protection of confidential personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This applies to all Classes within the Publication Scheme.
The information included in this Scheme is grouped into 6 broad categories including the FOI Scheme.
1) Who we are
Details of the Practice, organisational structure, key personnel and how we fit into the NHS. This information is published in our Practice brochure and Practice leaflet, which are available free of charge on request.
This NHS Practice is part of the NHS Dorset and supplies services in accordance with a Personal Medical Services (PMS) contract held with the PCT.
2) Our Services
The range of services we provide under contract to the NHS.
Details of all the of services that we provide are published in our Practice booklet and website.
3) Financial and funding information
Funding details and charging policies.
The Royal Crescent and Preston Road Practice receives money from NHS Dorset according to its contract with the PCT in exchange for services provided for patients.
4) Regular publications and information for the public
Guidance and information leaflets.
The Practice has a range of leaflets available for the public in the surgery reception area. Many leaflets are also available on the website. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please ask at reception or contact the Practice Manager.
All of these publications are free of charge.
Policies, procedures and contacts for complaints.
This Practice follows the NHS complaints procedure and follows a strict protocol when dealing with all complaints.
The Practice complaints procedure is available from the Practice Manager.
6) Our policies and procedures
General policies and procedures in use within the Practice.
A list of policies is available from the Practice Manager.
Most information is available free but there may be a nominal charge to cover costs if you require a hard copy of some information.
These charges will vary according to how that information is made available.
Information Commissioner http://www.ico.gov.uk/